January 31, 2012

Tummy Rehab Update

For the past three weeks, I have been following the Tupler technique. It started out as being rather difficult. My transverse abdomious hasn't been worked out in who knows how long and the c-section scar tissue was being moved a stretched in a very uncomfortable way. The physical therapist told me that this was all normal and to slow down on the exercising and splinting. So now my exercises are spread out more evenly throughout the day and the splint come off whenever the kids are in bed. I did notice this weekend, that it was difficult to hold Beniah with my stomach 'properly engaged' without the splint. So, I now know to splint, splint, splint when he is awake and wanting to be held.

Now for the three week mark results...
I am now able to fit into my bridesmaids dress from my sister-in-law's wedding.

The really exciting part is that I can zip it up all the way and be able to breathe!



I also lost one inch from my waistline. And to answer any skeptics question, I have not lost weight during this time (although, I'm not sure if I should be proud of that fact!).


I am really excited to see what the next three weeks hold.

4 comments:

Shannon Benavidez said...

That is so awesome!

joann boswell said...

Woot woot!! So exciting! Congrats!

Christi said...

Hooray!

Charissa said...

sounds like you need a fancy occasion to wear your dress to! You're looking great!