August 11, 2014

A Rainy Summer Day

A couple of weeks ago, we had some summer rain. It was the kind that is warm, but also cools everything off. 

The boys became restless and bored, as little boys are prone to do when they've been cooped up in the house too long. I decided to initiate a treasure hunt so I hid their toys and made them maps. I then basked in their happy squeals as I returned to my housework certain that I would not be interrupted. Oh silly Mama! In less than a minute I heard, "Mama, help!"

I first helped Elijah to read the map and figure out where the toy was hidden.

Then came Beniah's turn. 

This game was so fun that they wanted to play it over and over and over....
Unfortunately, I realized that our carpet was turning into lava, so blankets and pillows had to get brought out which ended the treasure hunt game and gave me time to finally clean the kitchen.

No comments: