February 2, 2008

Washing Machine: 1, Cell Phone: 0

Well, this morning I decided to wash my phone, as it was quite dirty. After one wash cycle, the phone was sparkling clean, but also quite dysfunctional. The keypad still lit up when buttons were pressed, but the display did absolutely nothing. Surprising, no?

As it stands now, my new phone, which I got only 3 months ago, is fried. Luckily, the family plan I'm on included a free spare phone, so I at least have a different number I can use temporarily.

Moral of the story? If you want to clean your cell phone, don't use a washing machine to do it. Also, check your pockets!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm... So it runs in the family... Interesting.

Kim Shire said...

I was pregnant when I did that, by the way. Does that run in the family too?