February 17, 2009

Based on a True Story...

The warm air whispered of spring.
The birds soared through the air.
I was envious of their freedom.

As I was contemplating the concept of flight, I was thrown through the air. I rejoiced in the feel of the wind--until I landed on the cold, wet pavement. There I lay abandoned while my master just rolled on.

My despair deepened as day turned to night. I lay there sodden while the sun rose in the sky and reached its zenith. I cried out to God in my despair.

Suddenly I heard a familiar sound of wheels clattering on the pavement. To my greatest pleasure I saw my master roll past me. I felt myself get picked up and lovingly carried home.

My joy was fulfilled the moment I entered the door and saw my mate eagerly awaiting my return.

3 comments:

Marie said...

I loved it!! A happy ending to a heretofore very sad story!!

Heather said...

Yes, I was very excited to find the sock when I went for my walk yesterday.

Beth Twist said...

Tee hee! I could sing a similar story, but mine has a quite tragic ending.

The lovely lavendar sock, which was being worn for the first time, leaped (I suspect it was murder rather than suicide) to her certain death somewhere in our local Fred Meyer, and her carcass has yet to be found.