June 7, 2012

Sweet Clara Clementine.


   Late last night, we received news that my sister in law was going in for an emergency c-section because she had developed HELLP syndrome.  At 1:30 am, Clara Clementine came into the world a whopping 2 lbs. 15 oz. and 16" long. 



This evening, Tim and I went over to the hospital to visit with Joann, her husband, Matt, and (of course) to meet Clara in the NICU.


Clara is such a sweet little thing, who seemed to get rather annoyed with me when I touched her hand while she slept. I almost expected Clara to wake up enough to glare at me and say, "Auntie Heather! I am trying to sleep here. Leave. ME. Alone!" 

 I took her preemie clues and consented to snap some photos of her instead.

Just in case you are wondering, Joann is doing better. Her body still needs more time to recover, but soon she will be able to hold her precious daughter.

No comments: