June 2, 2012

The Devil Decorates with Non Dairy Whipped Frosting

     This weekend, my friend is celebrating her son's 5th birthday and asked me to make her a gluten free cake.  After scouring the internet and asking my gluten free friends and family, I finally was given a chocolate peanut butter cake recipe that my sister in law and her sister in law collaborated on. The original recipe was a chocolate banana cake recipe from the Cakemix Doctor Bakes Gluten Free, but I was told that peanut butter should work in place of bananas (fingers crossed). I have to say, "Yes, it does work!" I took a sample of the cake and it was delicious. So chocolatey! So peanut buttery! I am almost jealous of those with Celiac's disease.

Since, the theme of the cake was to be based off of Cars, I bought a little red car and designed the cake to look like a race track with a ramp.

Unfortunately, it looks like a shoe with a race track on top of it.

I am proud of the ramp with the little cave underneath it.


But, oh! the horrible shoe shape to the cake.


Chelsea, you must promise to eat it with your eyes closed and enjoy the delicious, ugly cake.

1 comment:

Charissa said...

haha I had to laugh about the shoe...but I am really impressed about the engineering of the ramp. And so happy it turned out to be a delicious cake--now that is what is really important!