June 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Ezekiel!


  Five years ago today, I got to be apart of the birth of one of my dearest friend's son.  It was the first birth that I got to witness and it was amazing.  Ezekiel was this small perfect little person with a head full of hair.


    I've had the privilege of being a part of Ezekiel's life (at times a distant part due to travel time, etc.) and have had many difficult conversations with his Mama from "Heather, Ezekiel is having seizures and the doctor's don't know why" to "The doctors at the Mayo clinic found out that Ezekiel is missing a chromosome and will never grow out of this."  I was there with Chelsea when the doctor walked into Ezekiel's hospital room 2 years ago and said, "His liver is failing. I'm sorry, but he is not going to make it. You will go home without your son."


   I rejoiced with Chelsea when she did walk out of the hospital with her boy whose liver was repairing itself.  Two years later, this little boy is celebrating his 5th birthday at the coast with his Mama. Although his seizures are still a problem, he is doing well. I am constantly amazed at how far God has brought him.  Ezekiel is an active boy who loves music, lights, and little boys playing in his face.
 

Happy 5th birthday, little man.  Have a wonderfully relaxing cuddle full time at the coast with your Mama.



To read more about Ezekiel, you can visit his caringbridge website.

No comments: