June 5, 2012

What Do You Do on Rainy Afternoons?

 Today has been rather dismal.  At 10:45, I went through the long ordeal of getting the boys ready for a walk to the park. I got Elijah strapped into the stroller and was walking out the door with Beniah, when the skies opened up and it poured!  Amidst the disappointed cries of Elijah, we went inside to play. After lunch, I once again put shoes on little feet and coats on wiggling backs and let the boys loose into the yard.  Five minutes later, they were tramping inside due to rain and running amok with pent up energy. Twenty minutes before nap time, I finally wised up and set up the tent that my sister in law made for Christmas.

 


And I had peace until nap time!

1 comment:

Beth Twist said...

Hooray! That was my goal all along... to provide sanity to Mothers. The delight of the children is secondary. ;)