June 6, 2014

May Date!

If you have been following my blog for the past few months, you might remember my Valentines gift to Tim.


This month was an interesting date idea (at least to me). While trying to think of different date ideas to do in the Portland/Vancouver area, I stumbled across stacylaughs.com which has a section of her blog devoted to  interesting date ideas in the Portland area. Perfect, right?  Nope! I followed the roulette rules and the number generator came up with the date idea of dinner at a specific restaurant in Portland and walk in a specific park. However, as Tim put it... "Who is Stacy and why should I believe her when it comes to deciding which restaurant we should go to!?!" 
Somebody didn't read rule 4!

We decided to that we would head out to Hillsboro and enjoy our three year old certificate to the Orenco Station Grill (especially since we didn't use it in March like we originally planned).  This time around, all three boys stayed with Grandma and Grandpa!

So over dinner, French pressed coffee, and dessert, we were able to enjoy an interruption free adult conversation that was filled with "would you rather" questions.



We did end up walking around a beautiful neighborhood park near the restaurant, so I guess we did fulfill the stacy laughs date idea even if it was at a different location.


No comments: