March 16, 2012

Et Tu, Brute?

“Beware the ides of March.”  - William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar (Act 1 Scene 2)

I should have taken heed. Yesterday, I was greeted with this in the mail.




I have to admit that I am a little excited about my first jury summons. If selected, I will have to drive north and get a hotel room and have at least one night of uninterrupted sleep! I might even be able to catch up on some picture editing and ordering since there won't be any little voices saying, "Mama, Elijah is touching me!"  But then again, I won't be able to get goodnight hugs and kisses from my boys and hear Beniah say, "I love you, Mama!"


O! that a man might know
The end of this day's business, ere it come;
But it sufficeth that the day will end,
And then the end is known. 
- William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar (Act 5 Scene 1) 

1 comment:

Charissa said...

Where do you go for jury duty? I did it once before. It ended up being a good way to finish a book. :)