July 30, 2014

June's Date Day

Our continuing monthly date night adventures.


A little over a year ago, I had been trying to figure out what to give Tim for our seventh wedding anniversary. At the time, Tim was looking into purchasing a handgun and all of the necessary equipment (i.e. gun safe because we have curious children and an anxious wife) and training classes. I thought that he would love to have an afternoon of shooting at the local shooting range. However, I was pregnant with Isaac at the time and after talking with the shooting range manager and my obstetrician, I changed my mind and decided to put off the shooting range date until I was not pregnant with Isaac.
 Rabbit trail alert... Did you know that the sound waves from a gun shot could damage a baby's development? Neither did I until I researched it. 
Back to the date...I kept this idea in mind as I planned out the dates for the year and added it to the June date night.

As the date got closer, Tim and I were talking about it and decided that neither of us really wanted to spend about $100 at the shooting range (gun rentals plus bullet and target purchases really add up!). So, we decided to drop the boys off at their grandparents and spent the day working on some projects that we've been putting off. Be still my beating heart! Finishing projects without children interrupting us! How romantic!  I worked on finishing the second Real Hope quilt and making some bibs for my grandparents. 

Tim worked on setting up his Raspberry Pi to make some sort of *mumble mumble* insert computer speak *mumble mumble* way over my head description of what he is doing *mumble mumble*.

Even though I have no clue exactly what he is doing, I am thrilled to have a husband who deals with all of our techie problems.

Although we didn't do our planned date, we did spend time together shooting down our projects on our to do lists. (Eh, eh? How do you like that joke, Dear!)

No comments: