February 17, 2014

Pinterest Fail!

I admit, I am a Pinterest junkie. It's such a nice way to keep recipes organized in the way that I want it to be organized. It has some great homeschooling ideas and endless craft ideas that I have neither the time or money to do (but I must pin them to my crafting to do board!). I recently found this idea for a sofa fort and thought, "That's awesome! The boys will love it!"


So, I tried it out the other day when I wanted to vacuum and not have them running around me while screaming  like banshees.  They first started to comment about how dark it is. Easy Peasy fix. Here's a flashlight, boys.  Then came the "I can't breathe, Mama!" Umm...

Then came the monumental crashing of the fort.  This was definitely not a fun fort. It was a death trap. Bad Pinterest! You've failed.

The boys were still wanting to have a fort, so I pulled out the over the table blanket fort that my sister gave to me to remake into quilts for the kids at the Real Hope Center (but haven't done anything with yet *ahem*) and let the boys eat their lunch in it.

They also took their naps/rest time in the fort too (Yeah, no resting actually occurred, just whispers and laughter).

1 comment:

Marie said...

looks like you should keep that over the table fort! I'm sure we can come up with other things for making blankets for Real Hope. I'll help!! that just looks like so much fun for your boys.