November 15, 2013

A Whole Handful!

Five years ago today, Beniah came in and rocked our world.

It has been amazing watching this adorable baby boy grow into a fact absorbing little boy... excuse me... BIG boy who does not like being called a little boy.


He is so creative and is constantly telling me, "Mama, I have a present for you!" and hands me the drawing that he was working on. Sometimes it's a red dot in the middle of the page and other times it's a sweet note from him.

It reads "I (upside down) heart you"

 He is very inquisitive and asks questions that keeps my tired pregnancy brain in overdrive.
"Mama, how high does 10,000 Daddys, 5 Mamas, 200 Beniahs, and 1 Elijah reach?"
(FYI - That would be 10.35 miles which would barely reach up to the stratosphere. The poor suckers at the top wouldn't be able to breathe due to the lack of oxygen. Yes, my exhausted mind went there. No, I did not share that bit of information with Beniah.) 
"Mama, why did God create penguins?"
"Mama, could twins be born on different days? Could they be born in different months?"

His favorite topic is space.  He has gone to the bookshelf and pulled my college astronomy textbook out and read through some of it and looked at the pictures. Grandpa and Grandma bought him some space books for his birthday which he read for over an hour this evening. (Hence why I am actually blogging about his birthday on his birthday!)


Beniah is all goofiness and laughter and is a "teaser just like Daddy!"



Beniah, our whole handful of a boy, we love you very, very much and are so happy that you are a part of our family!


No comments: