January 20, 2013

Showers with a Chance of Picnics.

This past summer, the church that Tim and I attended had to shut it's doors, so we began looking for another church to attend and found Lifepoint. I started going to a women's Bible study on Thursday mornings and met a lady whose family quite suddenly was asked to adopt a precious baby girl. This past Saturday, some of the Bible study ladies and her family and friends threw a shower for her.  I decided to test out my cake baking and decorating skills on a new group of women.

Woops! Someone forgot the 'N' in Brooklyn.

I also got to pretend to be a photographer and took pictures of the shower.
This happens to be my favorite one of the bunch.

While I was away, Daddy was in charge. When I got home, I found Beniah having a movie rest inside a cool fort that Daddy made him.

Later, we decided to have a picnic dinner on the living room floor.

Why yes, apparently, we do allow our children to put their feet on their plates before dinner.

It was a wonderful way to end the busy day.

2 comments:

Marie said...

The cake turned out so well! and I loved the picnic pictures! brought back memories of our living room floor picnics when Tim was small. i had to laugh at seeing Elijah's feet on his plate :^)

Charissa said...

The cake is beautiful and from past experience, I'm sure it tasted amazing too!