May 2, 2012

Sorry!

     Growing up, I was always so excited to visit my aunt and uncle's place.  They used to live in this wonderful little farmhouse that had a forest on one end of the property that was haunted (at least that's what my sister and cousins said) and on the other side of the property, a barn that housed a zillion cats. Inside the house, there were stairs that were perfect for bumping down and a large play area between the two upstairs bedrooms. Best of all (in my mind at least) were the board games. My cousins owned the best board game of all time, Sorry! From the moment we got there, I would be begging my cousins to play Sorry with me. I usually got my way because I was the youngest of the bunch and the adults were probably thinking, "For the love of everything good and holy, make this kid stop whining!" 

     A couple of weeks ago, my niece and nephew came over for a visit and my mother in law brought out her Sorry game. I was in nostalgia heaven.  Beniah loved playing with his cousins (even if he didn't quite get the rules).






No comments: