May 12, 2013

My Forever Handprints

  A couple of days ago when I was cleaning my bathroom in anticipation of company for the weekend, I noticed some small little hand prints clinging to the bathroom mirror.  Being the sentimental person that I am, I snapped a picture of them with my phone and sent it off to Tim saying, "These are so cute! I am kind of sad to wash them away." (Don't worry, I did wash the mirror although it's difficult to tell all ready!)  Since Tim had a massively busy week at work, he didn't have time in the evenings to take the boys out to buy me something for Mother's Day, so he gathered card stock, paint, a ton of wet wipes, and two somewhat leery boys to craft me my Mother's Day gift. I am happy that it turned out this way since I was able to snap photos of the process.

 Apparently, it is hilarious when Daddy talks about eating paint.



 It's such a labor of love to put your hand in gooey paint.



 Elijah wasn't too impressed with the feel of paint either.





Both boys were so proud of their hand prints and I love my gift!  
Now to go pick up some frames to place them in.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Very special! Good job Daddy Tim!