January 13, 2010

A Very Crafty Christmas

For Christmas this year, Tim and I decided to make homemade gifts to help with the cost of giving to 16 people. We had a lot of fun planning and creating our gifts and just might make this a tradition in our gift giving.

Our nephews each received wooden blocks that spelled out their names.

Our nieces each received a pillow with their names on it (I don't have a picture of Katie's pillow though).


My mom received a silhouette paper cut out of her wedding picture.


My mother in law received a candle in a teacup (I made the candle not the cup).


My sister received a wall hanging of India.


Tim's sisters each received a tea light candle holder.


My dad received a garden stepping stone that had leaf imprints on it. I chose the leaves for their pretty color. My dad, the tree lover that he is, started naming off all of the trees that the leaves came from.

1 comment:

OnlyByHisGrace said...

Thanks for sharing~ I enjoyed seeing all the crafty gifts you made! The wooden block names are really cool and so are the name pillows...what clever ideas you guys have! I am sure everyone will treasure their gifts.